Cardholder Reporting Responsibilities
The timeliness of your Purchasing Card data entry impacts the deadlines of many aspects of the financial reporting process from grants and budgeting, to processing the Citibank Payment.
Weekly Data Entry Requirements
Cardholders will be expected to enter the chart of account strings and attach receipts once a week in Concur Pcard Module. For example, on Friday of each week, the cardholder will enter the chart strings and attach receipts for any transactions that have posted up to that point in Concur Pcard Module. At the conclusion of each billing cycle, all transactions recorded in Concur Pcard Module should have a “Business Purpose”, be allocated and have receipts attached. Any unusal transactions or potential fraudulent transactions should be reported to the Pcard team immediately. Failure to notify the Pcard team of a potentially fraudulent transaction in a timely manner may result in disciplinary action, temporary card suspension, and/or the loss of your Purchasing Card.
Monthly Data Entry Deadlines
Starting on the 6th of each month, you will have up to 3 business days to complete reconciliation and submit your report. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in disciplinary action, temporary card suspension, and/or the loss of your Purchasing Card.
Reminder: Pcard Exception forms must be completed BEFORE the purchase is made and attached to the expense as soon as the transaction is available in Concur. Please note, Pcard Exception forms will not be approved after the transaction has already taken place.
Reminder: Purchases over $500 require that vendor hold search be completed BEFORE the purchase is made and attached to the expense as soon as the transaction is available in Concur
More information found on the Purchasing Card Program Website
Concur PCard Standard Processing Timeline
The following is a schedule of required activities and respective deadlines for processing Concur PCard Transactions.
- Statement Period – 4th of Prior month through 3rd of Current month
- Transactions post throughout the month and should be reconciled weekly throughout the Statement period
- Concur Process Restriction: PCard Holders cannot submit Statement Reports until after the 3rd Business Day of new period (6th). This is to allow any orphaned charges to post.
- Pcard Holders Statement Submittal with Receipts – Starting on the 6th of the month, cardholders will have 3 business days to complete reconciliations and submit their report.
- Approvers (All levels completed by) – Within 3 business days and no later than the
18th of the Month or following business day (with the exception of , FY year end,
November, & December)
- 1st Level (formerly Reconciler) – 3 Business Days
- 2nd Level (DeptID Holder) – 3 Business Days
- 3rd Level (COA/Grants Office) as needed – 3 Business Days
- PCard Journal Creation – last week of the month to post by the last day of the month