The following is a list of recommendations for books, articles, videos, and podcasts for professional development.
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- My Life in Leadership by Frances Hesselbein
- The Speed of Trust by Stephen M.R. Covey
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- Developing the Leader Within You 2.0 by John C. Maxwell
- Leadership and the One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- The Elevated Communicator: How to Master Your Style and Strengthen Well-Being at Work by Maryanne O'Brien
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcom Gladewell
Human Capacity/Motivating Action/Inspiration
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Bold: How to Go Big, Make Bank, and Better the World by Peter H. Diamandis
- The Art of Impossible: A Peak Performance Primer by Steven Kotler
- Algorithms to Live By: The Computer Science of Human Decisions by Brian Christian and Tom Griffiths
- Good Strategy Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt
- Mindware: Tools for Smart Thinking by Richard E. Nisbett
- Bulletproof Problem Solving: The One Skill That Changes Everything by Charles Conn
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- Time Smart: How to Reclaim Your Time and Live a Happier Life by Ashley Whillans
- The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle
- Productivity Is For Robots: How To (re)Connect, Get Creative, And Stay Human In The New World by Corey McComb
- The Wisdom of Teams: Creating the High‐Performance Organization by Jon R. Katzenbach
- 100 Ways to Motivate Others, Third Edition: How Great Leaders Can Produce Insane Results Without Driving People Crazy by Steve Chandler
- Will by Will Smith
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven R. Covey
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Designing the Mind: The Principles of Psychitechture by Ryan Bush
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
TED Talks & YouTube
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
- Why the Power of Mentoring can Change the World
- How to find the person who can help you get ahead at work
- The Power of Mentoring
Motivation and Motivating Employees
- Simon Sinek on Millennials in the Workplace
- Daniel Pink: What Really Motivates Workers
- 10 Ways To Motivate Employees
- RSA Animate - Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us
- The Psychology of Self-Motivation | Scott Geller | TEDxVirginiaTech
- John Maxwell: The 5 Levels of Leadership
- Drew Dudley: Everyday Leadership - TED Talks
- What It Takes To Be a Great Leader
- Simon Sinek: Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe
- Dare to Lead - Conversations with change-catalysts, culture-shifters and more than a few troublemakers who are innovating, creating, and daring to lead.
- The Future of Work - A weekly show where Jacob has in-depth discussions with senior executives and business leaders around the world on the future of work.
- Take Command: A Dale Carnegie Podcast - Welcome to Take Command: A Dale Carnegie Podcast, where we seek to uncover what leadership means in today’s world. We’ll be sharing real-life insights into leadership - which in turn can help spark the next level of your growth as a leader.
- Interruptions - Welcome to a new take on workplace learning and professional development. In this opinion-based podcast, we routinely grapple with the big questions that we all think about but too often hesitate to ask.
- Lead to Win - Weekly leadership lessons for lasting success.
- Career Talk: Learn - Grow - Thrive - Host Stephanie Dennis is on a mission to empower people to take control of their careers by offering holistic career advice.
- The School of Greatness - The School of Greatness shares inspiring interviews from the most successful people on the planet—world-renowned leaders in business, entertainment, sports, science, health, and literature—to inspire YOU to unlock your inner greatness and live your best life.
- TED Business - Every Monday, host Modupe Akinola of Columbia Business School presents the most powerful and surprising ideas that illuminate the business world. After the talk, you'll get a mini-lesson from Modupe on how to apply the ideas in your own life — because business evolves every day, and our ideas about it should, too.
- Inside Personal Growth – With an archive of over 700+ podcasts, Inside Personal Growth connects people with authors of personal development books to hear directly from them on the wisdom and resources they offer to work through challenges, find new approaches, set goals, and pursue wellness.