Skip to main content

Advance Services

Advance services, utilizing CTP, or cash advances, are available for employees and currently enrolled students to secure travel arrangements for university related travel. To confirm if advance services are allowed on state funds, please review the quick reference table under expenses.

Approval to Travel

individuals must have the appropriate approval to travel when requesting advance services.

  • Before booking any travel, a Travel Budget Authorization (TBA) should be completed, signed and sent with the Account Detail Sheet to
  • If the traveler is the DeptID/ProjID holder, the supervisor approves charges on the TBA. A DeptID/ProjID holder should not approve their own travel expenses.
  • Cash Advances require a Travel Budget Authorization form with the appropriate approvals to be submitted to The UNT Travel Office at within 10 business days prior to the first day of travel.